The two Twitter clients I use are Tweetbot 4 and the official Twitter iOS client.
Reasons for using the official client over Tweetbot:
- Better location tagging, using Foursquare data. (Why doesn't Swarm post the exact location to auto-tweets?)
- Twitter Cards are enabled for all domains, not just approved publications/apps. So your blog shows a preview if you've set it up right. Come on, Facebook/Instagram, join the party!
- I wish Twitter had something like Facebook's Instant Articles.
- You can see pinned tweets, and Twitter threads in context.
- Search works back to day 1. Tweetbot 4 only searches back 5 days or so. The Twitter iOS app is your best bet for checking if someone made the same joke you're about to make.
- Native muting, which syncs to the Twitter website.
Reasons for using Tweetbot 4 over the official iOS client
- Muting by keyword, regular expression, and based on app, which syncs across Mac and iPad.
- It shows Instagram previews, whereas Twitter doesn't.
- Options for avatar display (circle or square) and whether verified badges show.
- No ads.