Something more in-depth than the handbook page at http://drupal.org/node/72108
with outlines of approaches for different Drupal competencies.
- philosophy of troubleshooting website problems in general
- assumption of lots of moving parts
- you're not building something, but rather something went wrong, and you're trying to figure out why
- which layer to look at first?
- how to recommend a fix?
- where to look for logs, and what the logs mean
- documenting for the next time something like it comes up
- throw it on Drupal.org no matter how esoteric
- you don't need to use client names, website URLs. example.com, etc. is usually fine
- what you did
- what you expected
- what happened instead
- what you did to fix it
- a pamphlet per Drupal competency
- modules (PHP)