If you were to take the concepts of running a sports team and apply it to the business world, what would it look like?
What would approximate
- practices (called 'training' outside North America)?
- example in basketball: the drill called 3 on 2 on 1 which simulates the fast break in a game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpXqZTiUKyc
- what's an analogous example in the business/work world? Something that simulates the real thing on a smaller scale, that makes you prepared for something similar actually happening?
- visualization: in high school basketball games, my coach would ask the team to imagine yourself rebounding, shooting, passing, etc., before a game. Do businesspeople/workers do this? Should they?
- road trips and home court advantage. Offsite meetings?