Habits around the house that I tried but just didn't take hold.
Alarms for waking
- resent having sleep interrupted
- never feel like I've slept enough
Alarms that work:
- External accountability!
- appointments in the morning with people.
- time expected at work in the morning.
- scheduled events, such as a flight or meetup
Household habits kept:
- saving pennies, nickels and dimes in a jar, then rolling them up and taking them to the bank for deposit, usually going towards debt or savings
- it's chump change
- things I like to tell myself about why I do it
- removes the coins from circulation (or maybe it re-enables circulation!)
- it "adds up" (not really, at most $20 per jar, my time is better spent working)
- gives me something to do while watching TV