Surely soon-to-be-outdated steps to take before recording a screencast (or presenting using a computer):
- clear all browser caches
- clear all saved form data
clear all browser history? Sometimes might be useful.
- saves potential embarassment
- also hides the fact that I've done a run-through already
turn off all unnecessary browser extensions
- reason to clear history: links appear as not visited
turn off all apps that notify via Growl and whatnot
- people will ask you what those icons are
- people will try to figure out how you work
close all unnecessary applicationspre-load all necessary websites in tabs or windows
- even better: turn off Growl
Maybe this should fit under the "Perfect" section.